One Remarkable Day
18th December 2013 is one of the remarkable day in 2013. This is the first day I gave a talk about Webmaker and a demo session on Firefox OS Application.
SDC- Computer Science Club
of Sathyabama University had arranged event for their Sathyabama Firefox Club
. The one day event was organised with the much effort of Firefox Students Ambassadors of that college. Most of the students who attended the session were self motivated and very eager to learn.
Mozilla Reps Attended the session
Firefox Students Ambassador Attended the session
|FSA sathyabama Team
About the Event
The event is inaugurated by CSE Department HOD of Sathyabama University. The event started with
Followed by this we had meeting with Firefox Students Ambassador alone. We disscussed about the projects where they can contribute. What are the various areas where they can get involved.
Brief Detail about the event
After video the event started with Introduction to Webmaker
. The main aim of the this introduction is that students can get to know how to create the webpage simple with webmaker. The another aim is that they can speed up their development instead of using their old text editor.
- First there was a general introduction about thimble and popcorn.
- Then there was a demo how to use thimble what are it’s features and how it will be helpful during development.
- Some students started to develop web pages for the first time.
- Some tried to do remix of already existing projects.
This session was interesting to many students since most of the them wanted to become Mobile application developers.
- There was a general introduction about Firefox OS.
- How to develop mobile applications for Firefox OS.
- Then the demo how the webpage will appear in browser and Firefox OS simulator.
This session was the most interesting session and students got involved more to learn about development opportunities available. This was the longest session of the day and the most active session on that day.
- Introduction about IRC
- How to contribute for Bug.
- How to file the file.
- and so on…
FSA Meet UP
Then afternoon there was a meet up with the Firefox Students Ambassador Chennai. Where students from various Colleges like SSN, KCG, MSEC,VEC, Sathyabama University attended. There was a discussion about what are the various areas where students can get involved both in technical aspects and non technical aspects.
|Chennai Region FSA’s meet up
Some Interesting Questions
- What is RMA. How to become RMA.
- Tell about WoMOZ.
- How to report Bugs.
- How to contribute for Firefox OS Core
Many had fun filled and excited day. Even one there was interested to learn more about Firefox OS Apps development. In future this FSA team would like to focus more on Firefox App Development, Documentation at MDN and Localisation.